- Category: Work
- Published: January 10, 2013
- Written by The Black Perspective
Many boomers are looking for a new job in the New Year and now’s the perfect time to capitalize! AARP has decided to help those on the job search, researching occupations that are plentiful for 50-plus workers.
Here are five jobs 50+ workers should consider in 2013:
- Crossing Guard - Local governments, elementary and secondary schools, and all sorts of construction companies employ crossing guards. Many school crossing guards work part time. Some are seasonal workers who are retained only during the school year.
Crossing guards have one of the highest percentages of 65-plus workers — making up a sizeable 36.6 percent of the workforce.
Median pay: $12.44 per hour
- Hospice Chaplain - Covered under Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans, hospice care is a swiftly growing area in the health care field. Chaplains typically work with medical staff and outside clergy to offer spiritual comfort to patients with seriously advanced illnesses. This position is far more than just a paycheck.
Median clergy pay: $23.31 per hour
- Home Health and Personal Care Aide - Home health aides assist the elderly, ill or disabled with daily activities ranging from bathing and dressing to running errands.
Both personal care and home health aides top the Bureau of Labor statistics rankings of fastest-growing occupations, with rates of 70 and 69 percent growth expected between 2010 and 2020, respectively.
Median pay range: $9.70 an hour. With experience and professional certification this can go up to $35-plus an hour.
- Construction Estimator - Construction estimators gauge the price of time, labor and materials for a particular job, and then put together a bid. Marching around a construction site and schmoozing with a variety of characters from clients to architects to suppliers and subcontractors is all in a day's work.
Median pay: $27.82 per hour
- Move Manager - You are in charge of coordinating a move and configuring a new home setup. With many of the more than 78 million boomers, in addition to seniors, poised to make a move to smaller quarters, your client base is swelling fast.
Pay range: Fees range from $30 per hour to $75-plus.
For more information on these jobs, pay range and necessary qualifications, please visit http://www.aarp.org/work/job-hunting/info-12-2012/5-great-jobs-in-demand-for-2013.1.html
Board of Secondary Education will lead the 10th public
exams in March/April this year. The board is in readiness to lead 10th
exams soon in the near future. The board is now busy scheduling the
exam timetable for the public exams. All the students must get ready
to take the exams. <a href="http://jntuk.net/"> Manipur HSLC Results 2017 </a>
The board will soon seek enrollment from the
students who are pursuing 10th class in the schools that are affiliated
to the board.