NBMBAA 4th Annual Entrepreneurial Institute
THE NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES ITS 4TH ANNUAL ENTREPRENEURIAL INSTITUTE TO BE HELD AT THE NBMBAA® 33RD ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND EXPOSITION
Innovation Whiteboard Challenge® Will Award $10,000 Prize For Best Business Idea
CHICAGO (September 1, 2011) – The National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA®) Entrepreneurial Institute (EI), a “must attend” all-day series of business development workshops and breakthrough training sessions will be held Wednesday, October 5 during the NBMBAA® 33rd Annual Conference and Exposition, taking place Tuesday, October 4 through Saturday, October 8 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
EI was created to help aspiring, newly established, and seasoned business owners jump-start growth, collaborate with fellow entrepreneurs and generate new ideas.
“The Entrepreneurial Institute provides Black business owners with a forum to network, foster mentoring and develop effective strategies for improving their economic status in the United States and around the world,” says, NBMBAA President and CEO Kimberly Corbin. She further stated, “We have a network of executives, entrepreneurs, and educators from cities across the country who are focused on providing expertise and solutions to help these entrepreneurs succeed.”
Designed to encourage and support entrepreneurship amongst Black professionals, EI is divided into three tracks (Start-up, Growth, and
Social) tailored specifically to address the unique needs of each entrepreneur and the different phases of their business. Sessions will be led by some of the most cutting edge educators and successful entrepreneurs
including: Tim King, Urban Prep Academies; Andre Hughes, Powered by Action; and Brenda Russell Williams, Russell Williams Group who will share their expertise on such topics as: Brand You, Brand Your Business; Finding Capital in a Challenging Economy; Social Media & Technology -The Currency of Growth and Building the RIGHT Executive Support Team to name a few. The day will kick-off with the Institutes Breakfast, highlighted by the Innovation Whiteboard Challenge, during which up to five people will have five minutes each to compete for a $10,000 prize by selling their business idea to a panel of venture capitalists and successful entrepreneurs using only a whiteboard and marker.
Stephen M. R. Covey, New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Speed of Trust—The One Thing That Changes Everything, will deliver the keynote address during the Entrepreneurial & Leadership Institutes Luncheon, and the day will culminate with Entrepreneurial Institute participants and faculty gathering in a relaxed setting to continue networking during the Institutes Reception and Book Signing.
ENTREPRENEURIAL INSTITUTE BUSINESS SESSIONS – WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5
START UP TRACK
- Brand You, Brand Your Business – 10:00am – 11:45am
- Cracking the Code – Understanding and Winning RFPs – 2:00pm – 3:45pm
- Social Media & Technology – The Currency of Growth – 10:00am – 11:45am
- Trying to Get a Dollar Out of 15 Cents – Finding Capital in a Challenging Economy – 2:00pm – 3:45pm
- Building the RIGHT Executive Support Team – 10:00am – 11:45am
- Riding With the Wind – Keeping the Momentum Going Around Your Cause – 2:00pm – 3:45pm
- Institutes Breakfast and Innovation Whiteboard Challenge – 8:00am – 9:45am
- NBMBAA (Entrepreneurial & Leadership) Institutes Luncheon – 12:00pm – 1:45pm
- Keynote Speaker: Stephen M.R. Covey is the former CEO of Covey Leadership Center, which, under his stewardship, became the largest leadership development company in the world. Stephen personally led the strategy that propelled his father’s book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, to become one of the two most influential business books of the 20th Century, according to CEO Magazine.
- Entrepreneurial Institute Unconference and Networking Session – 4:00pm – 5:00pm
- Institutes Reception & Book Signing – 5:00pm – 6:00pm
To register for the conference and for more information about sessions please visit http://www.nbmbaaconference2011.org. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nbmbaahq and “Like” us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/nbmbaaHQ. Connect with us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=43570&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=.anb_47872_*2. Text NBMBAA to 313131 to join our NBMBAA VIP Mobile Text Club.
About the National Black MBA Association Established in 1970, the National Black MBA Association, Inc.® (NBMBAA) is dedicated to developing partnerships that result in the creation of intellectual and economic wealth in the black community through its five channels of engagement; education, career, leadership, entrepreneurship, and lifestyle. With 40-plus chapters, a membership base of more than 8,000 and more than 450 corporate partners, the NBMBAA provides access to its constituents through services such as the Annual NBMBAA Conference; Local Empowerment Initiatives; and other programs. To learn more about the NBMBAA or to become a member, visit www.nbmbaa.org.